If you need to help overcome writer’s block, or just want to get motivated to write and publish more then writer’s prompts and scheduled posts maybe be the combination you need. No matter where you live there are daily, monthly and holiday writing prompts available to inspire your blogging every day of the year. Different cultures have different celebrations, and one of the best ways to get around the problem of creating enough time to write posts during holidays, is to use writing prompts to create posts ahead of time and schedule them for future publication.
Seasonal holidays, special occasions each month can provide you with interesting subject matter for blog posts. For example, it’s October and Canadian Thanksgiving has come and gone but American Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber-Monday as well as Chanukah/Hanukkah and Christmas season are yet to come.
Here are some inspirational monthly writing prompts for the last 3 months of 2013.
October Writing Prompts
Breast Cancer Awareness Month (shameless blog promotion link to Thinking Pink? Think Twice. )
Computer Learning Month
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Netiquette and Internet Safety
Crime Prevention Month
November Writing Prompts
Child Safety Month
Remembrance Day – Poppy Day
World Peace Day
December Writing Prompts
Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
World AIDS Day
Holiday and Special Occasion Writing Prompts
No matter which niche you write in and for, you have a year round supply of writing prompts to inspire post ideas right where you live. Here are a dozen writing prompts I came up with that can be used no matter which holiday (special occasion) you are celebrating. I’m sure you readers can come up with many more.
- What is your earliest memory of preparing for and celebrating this holiday?
- Who will you spend your holiday with?
- What is your favorite food associated with this holiday?
- What is your favorite activity associated with this holiday?
- What’s the one unexpected thing that happened during this holiday in the past that you hope doesn’t happen again?
- What’s one thing that happened during this holiday that you hope does happen again this year?
- Write either a serious or a humorous account of past holiday. Or write an account that combines the two.
- Write a piece of prose or a poem about what this holiday means to you.
- Select a favorite seasonal photograph or create a collection of images that express what typifies this holiday for you.
- Select an audio recording or video or a collection that demonstrates what this holiday looks, sounds and feels like.
- Create a list post of things to do and/or not to do on this holiday.
- Write a fictional account of what will happen on this holiday.
If you are looking for writing prompts beyond those appearing on your calendar here are dozen sources for inspiration.
- Do a WordPress.com Tags search for Writing Prompts.
- Subscribe to the Daily Prompt or the Weekly Challenges and put a seasonal, holiday or vacation spin on your creation.
- Use Plinky Prompts for daily writing prompts and add photos, maps, playlists, etc. to share on Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Tumblr, and most major blogging services.
- Easy Street Prompts provides inspiring visual ideas for writing and the arts.
- Visit this site to read 180 prompts.
- Writing.Com presents “Writing Prompts”, the iPhone app, Android app and Kindle Fire app with an endless supply of creative inspiration.
- The Time Is Now offers a weekly writing prompt (a poetry prompt on Tuesdays, a fiction prompt on
- Wednesdays, and a creative nonfiction prompt on Thursdays) to help you stay committed to your writing practice throughout the year.
- The Creativity Portal has prompts and ideas for future blog posts.
- Try Writing Prompts that don’t Suck.
- Visit Writer’s Digest Creative Writing Prompts.
- Teacher’s Corner has Creative Daily Writing Prompts for every day of the year.
- If you want more ideas on hand all year round then buy a book like Bryan Cohen’s 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts for Holidays: Festive Ideas for Blogs, Scripts, Stories and More.
Scheduling posts not only frees up time for you to enjoy your holidays (special occasions), but it’s one of the best ways to get around the problem of the writer’s block that can entrap you when you’re feeling stressed out .
Take a look at your calendar, note the upcoming holidays (special occasions). Then get busy writing yourself out of either the no time to blog corner or the writer’s block maze and schedule some posts for future publication.
WordPress.com scheduling posts tips:
The default timezone is UTC time. You can reset your timezone here > Settings > General by selecting the closest city to you in the same timezone in the drop-down menu and then clicking “save changes”.
Note that scheduled post publication is triggered the first visitor clicking into your blog after your post was scheduled to be published. It’s only then that the post appears in the RSS Feed for entries and the email notifications are sent out to subscribers. Though the Dashboard notation will still state that it was posted on the time and date that you specified, it will not actually go up on the blog and out on the RSS Feed until someone visits your site and triggers publication.
Gunung Andong yang berada di Kabupaten Magelang, terbakar. Kebakaran selanjutnya diketahui ada 6 titik api.
Kepala BPBD Kabupaten Magelang, Edy Susanto mengatakan, lebih kurang pukul 17.15 WIB, BPBD menerima informasi dari relawan SAR Grabag, udah berjalan kebakaran di Gunung Andong. Adapun titik api, kali pertama terpantau di Dusun Temu, Desa Jogoyasan, Kecamatan Ngablak.
Writing Prompts and Scheduling Posts
"Kali pertama titik api terpantau di Dusun Temu, Desa Jogoyasa, Ngablak," kata Edy dal pesan singkatnya, Jumat (13/9/2019).
"Titik api terpantau ada 6 titik. Titik api selanjutnya tetap jauh dari pemukiman penduduk," ujarnya.
Writing Prompts and Scheduling Posts
Sementara itu, Wakil Administratur KPH Kedu Utara, Bagas Avianto mengatakan, vegetasi yang terbakar beruapa serasah rumput kering.
"Vegetasi yang terbakar serasah rumput kering," kata Bagas.
"Api udah padam jam 19.30 WIB. Saat ini, petugas tetap standby dan melakukan pendinginan," ujarnya.